Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What's the fundamental question?

On the radio this morning this songwriter (David Grey, I think) was talking about how he writes about mortality because, "well, that's what it all comes down to, isn't it?"

For me, the fundamental question has always been, "what makes life meaningful?" But, listening to Mr. British songwriter guy, I thought that maybe not everyone agrees.

What's your "fundamental question?" That we all die? That our lives should mean something? Whether or not the universe hates us? (I'm pretty sure it *does* hate me, but that's fodder for another post another time.)

1 comment:

heidi said...

stupid spammers.

fundamental question? i don't think much these days. i'm too busy running after a one-year-old. something's gotta give soon though. i can feel it.