Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sometimes I talk to my kids in Spanish. (Okay, okay. Mostly I just *yell* at them in Spanish.)

So, Sam was dawdling. (what?! Sam?! heh.) We were trying to get back to our car, but he wouldn't keep up with us. He would stop at look at a flower. Wander to the left. Wander to the right. Look around. Shuffle his feet. Etc.

So, Steve turns around and yells: "Vamanos, Sam. Ahorita. VAMANOS."

Sam halts, frowns in confusion and says (half dreamily; half exhaustedly): "But, *Daddies* don't say 'Vamanos!'"

It made me laugh.

3 comments:

Barb said...

First, how cute is that picture??

Second, I love how your scolding in Spanish is rubbing off on Steve!!

Anonymous said...

Kerry, Your little guy is sooo cute!

Swanky Mommy said...

I can't believe he is SO big now! Holy cow. . . . It's been awhile since I've been to writing conference . . . .