Friday, February 20, 2009

So, I'm walking down the halls of the Humanities building when my BFF says, "Hey! There you are!"

And I'm completely confused because I'm right here! How can I be "there?" But I turn around and look anyway and am totally surprised because there I am! Some professor (well, I know which professor *now,* but then I didn't) had put my picture on the wall outside his door.

We decided that what was strange about this was not merely the unexpected nature of seeing yourself on the wall, but the way in which someone can use the picture of you to create a fascinating binary with sociopolitical undertones.

Not sure my mom's gonna like it...



ps: if you didn't get a Valentine from us it's not because we don't love you it's because I don't have your address. if you leave your name & address in the comment section (or just email me if you'd rather be all private) then I'll add you to our Valentine's list!

6 comments:

Barb @ getupandplay said...

That's awesome!! They really are so similar!

(Hey, I got an actual word for captcha- "wooing". Wonder what that means?)

bff said...

Forgot to mention that bff began singing "Ebony and Ivory . . . " which made it just that much more surreal.

mwaaaah!

nicole said...

Oh gosh. You do Valentine's Day cards? I'm lucky if I get out Christmas cards.

Super cute picture, though

Kerry said...

We do Valentines *instead* of Christmas cards. (We recognize that we're not on top of things here and we just go with it. ;-)

Kerry said...

And, BFF, your singing wasn't nearly as surreal as the fact that I just automatically started jigging with it. Full on finger snapping and swaying. Yeah.

Kyle said...

The V-day cards are great. From a refrigerator-door-cycle perspective, you have pretty much the entire month of February to yourself.