Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Geez. So much for diversity.

I was just compiling some demographic data for my book study--looking at the ages, races, genders, religions, etc. of those of you who were so lovely as to read for me (by the way, all the cupcakes should have been delivered by now and if they weren't, it was probably an address problem. email me!).

Here's some info:

Average age of readers: 30.9
Average number of children: 2.79
Total percentage of readers who were Caucasian: 97%
Total percentage of readers who were Mormons: 83%
From one of the Western states: more than 90%

Just by comparison, I am a 30 year old Caucasian Mormon with 2 children living in Utah. Yeah. I feel a little cliche now.

5 comments:

Katie said...

For some reason I feel slightly special for fitting into only the Caucasian category.

La Yen said...

That cupcake was incredible.

David H. said...

What Katie said!

Kerry said...

I forgot to add the female bit. About 90% of us who read were female. (More if you count David. ;-)

Kerry said...

and I'm kind of surprised the cupcake was at all edible after spending days in the mail and inside a funky little ziploc box! glad, though.