Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In Which a Light Goes Off in Sam's Head

Sam: "How was your day at your conference, Mommy?"

me: "It was really long. My feet are swollen."

Sam: "Did you miss me?"

me: "I did miss you! I kept talking about you. I told an editor and an agent about your FASTBOY books, though! They were very impressed. And they're people who publish things."

Sam: "What does that mean? Pu.... Publish?"

me: "It's when they take your book and they get it into bookstores."

Sam: [thinks this over quietly for awhile.] "So, I'm thinking, Mommy..."

me: "Yeah?"

Sam: "Maybe I should come with you tomorrow. This publishing thing is something I think I'd like to pursue..."

2 comments:

Barb said...

He really does have such great ideas. He was working on his stories and drawings at my house today. What a little genius.

Mother Goose said...

Sam is hilarious!