Monday, May 07, 2007

Sam's Preschool Follow Up

So . . . all did not go as splendidly as one would hope. When I got there to pick up Sam, his eyes were red and puffy. I said, "Did you like school?"

He said, "Yes. But I cried and cried. Like this . . ." And then he folded himself over and gave me a hilarious rendering of wracking sobs. (His teachers confirmed that this re-enactment was, in fact, based on truth.)

I asked, "Why'd you cry, honey?"

He said, "Because I missed my mommy so much."

Kind of breaks my heart. Poor kid.

3 comments:

Barb said...

So sweet and sad! He's going to love it soon enough!

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started! Three days a week for two hours at a time for a three-year-old. That's grandma's limit. :( Mean mom.
But love you.

SWILUA said...

Don't *YOU* get me started, woman!