Monday, December 08, 2008

Um... I didn't teach her that. Did you teach her that?




When I picked Lily up from preschool today, she proudly showed me the Christmas art she'd drawn.

"That's mine!" she said, pointing to the painting on the wall that said 'Lily' on it.

"Yes!" I said. "It is!" Then I turned to leave the classroom.

But Lily reached back and pointed again. "And that one is Ethan's."

I looked, sure enough, she was pointing to one that said "Ethan."

But that wasn't all.

"And that one," she said, "is Koralee's."

Um... I thought. That's weird. It's like she can *read* or something. So I pointed to a random piece of art. "Who's is that?"

She frowned. Then, "C.J." Which was, of course, the right name.

"Who's is that?" I pointed again.

"Bethany."

"Who's is that?"

"Forrest."

"Who's is that?"

"Alex."

Oh, my, I thought. You're two, Lily. And that is just... sorta creepy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad says: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Remember you had a 32-word sight word vocabulary at 18 months (and it only grew from there).
Love you all.