Friday, June 26, 2009

Because ads can be amazingly entertaining

I put some ads at the bottom of the page not because I want to make a gazillion dollars (that would be nice, of course, but I think I've made a grand total of $0.27 off them, so I'm guessing it's not gonna happen) but because I thought it would be funny to see what google thinks of my blog. See, apparently, they have magic google-bots that troll your website for key phrases and then they use some schmancy algorithm to figure out what kind of person would read such a crazy page. All very illuminating, I assure you.

Today, I'm particularly amused by the plethora of "OMG I might have cancer!" ads, followed by a contextually funny "Mormon Singles" thing.

Especially because (confession) I was just searching Web MD because it's entertaining to have my computer make fun of me for being a hypochondriac. (And, just FYI, today the internet tells me that I don't have cancer, just jet lag. I mean, sheesh!)

No comments: