Saturday, August 01, 2009

Lily has informed me

that when she grows up she is going to

1. Drive a purple motorcycle. ("Don't worry, Mommy," she says, "I'll wear a hat." She means helmet, but I do appreciate the sentiment.)
2. Be an engineer for Toyota. (Every time we pass a Toyota she screams in glee: "It's a TOYOTA, Mommy! A TOYOTA!!!")

One would think that I would not take such statements from a 3yo seriously. I mean, I used to tell people that I was going to design tennis shoes for Reebok, and we all see how *that's* worked out for me.

However.

When Lily's Grandpa was in fourth grade, he was assigned to do a report on his future career. This was the cover of what he turned in:

It's also what he does now: 45+ years later, he's an engineer at a petroleum refinery.

So here's to Lily's future at Toyota. And her purple motor cycle.

No comments: