Friday, July 30, 2010

In Which Lily Considers the Nuances of Human Relationships

me: "Lily! How was your first day back at preschool [after your two week long kids-only vacation to CA]?"

Lily: "It was good."

me: "Did your friends miss you?"

Lily: "They did. They asked me, 'Lily! Where have you been?'"

me: "What did you say?"

Lily: "I said, 'I was in California you idiots.'"

me: "Excuse me?"

Lily, "I said, 'I was in California. You. Idiots.'"

me: "Well that's not very nice."

Lily: "Yeah. They didn't like it, either. Novalee decided not to be my friend for the day and Trey thought of kicking me in the face."

me: "Yeah, people don't really like to be called idiots."

Lily: "Thanks. I found that out already."

6 comments:

Jordan said...

This is really revelatory. I finally understand why I have such a hard time keeping friends. Thank Lily for me.

Dr. Kerry said...

will do. :)

Barb @ getupandplay said...

All Lily really needs to know she learned in preschool.

CSIowa said...

Yeah, Lily. It was their PARENTS who gave them those made-up names. Your classmates had nothing to do with it.

CSIowa said...

I probably need to go back to preschool.

Kristin said...

Isn't Trey her boyfriend?!