Friday, February 08, 2008

Unsympathetic my FRIGGN A&&

Why is it that every single time people find things about my characters that are unsympathetic they are INVARIABLY things that my characters have in common with *me*?

*says "friggin" too much
*gets annoyed with people who are too "nice."
*too sarcastic to be likable
*talks like a dumb blonde when she's really pretty smart
*just too good looking to be true


haha. I made that last one up. No one seems to mind when I make my characters as good looking as I am. ;-)

2 comments:

Penelope said...

Friggin' is an AWESOME word. It's friggin' amazing. I can't imagine a day when I don't say friggin'.

-- Karen

Man o Steel said...

If it makes you feel better, those are the exact reasons why I think you're awesome. I think the problem is that the majority of people like people that are like the majority of people. The success of Twilight just kinda makes me depressed about humanity. Likewise about any lack of success with yours. Your brainwashing allows me to concede that people not liking your books means you are less successful as a writer, but at least you are a successful writer to me. And those lesser mortals can read crap all of their lives and love it.

Speaking of writing. I have been reading some stuff that Philip Pullman has said/written. Fascinating. Makes me wish he wasn't so atheist so I could agree with him more than I do.