Monday, June 02, 2008

My doctor's office left a message on my answering machine telling me I needed to call back urgently because it was "very important"

So, obviously, the husband starts freaking out. Follows a [loose] paraphrase:

husband: "OMG! Are you dying?"
me: "Nah, they're just messing with me."
husband: "Your doctor *messes* with you? Seriously? Maybe it's a brain tumor and you're insane AND dying. Here, you listen."
[I listen to voicemail.]
me: "That was a pretty good poker voice, but I'm still pretty sure they're just messing with me."
husband: "What kind of doctor *messes* with you?!"
me: "The AWESOME kind." (Duh.)

The voicemail was left on Friday, so I couldn't call back 'till today.

Turns out it WAS urgent. VERY, VERY URGENT.

See, the deadline was about to run out for this contest and their whole office had decided that I seriously had a chance of winning. (I totally agree, by the way.)

Alas, the deadline was Friday.

Next year, man. Next year.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I would have voted for you!

Penelope said...

I would fall in the younger category!!! How cool is that???


However, I have no children.

Who cares, I'm in the younger group!!!

Karen

Amanda/Mandy said...

This is just FABULOUS!!! Definitely enter next year.

Reid said...

You have my vote for next year. And the one after that. And the one after that.

And also my vote for "creepiest doctor's office." They're not supposed to be paying attention to you in THAT way.