Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Evening Conversation

Lily: "So, um, what are we doing?"

Miss Provo: "We're going out to dinner."

Lily: [says nothing.]

Miss Provo: "Do you know *why* we're going out to dinner?"

Sam: "I know, I know. Because of Mommy's thing."

me: "That's *DR.* Mommy, remember?"

Sam: [grunt and/or breathed laugh. hard to specify.]

Lily: "So, when are you going to get your doctor outfit?"

me: "Huh, what?"

Lily: "You know. Like a coat or something?"

Miss Provo: "I think you're talking about medical doctors. Your Mom is a philosophy doctor." [insert long discussion about the various titling methods for advanced degrees.]

[awkward pause.]

Lily: "So, uh, what are we doing again?"

1 comment:

Ann said...

Congratulations to Dr. Kerry, who is as brilliant as she is beautiful. Hats off to you, doll.