Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Party!

We went to the rockin' blast at the SLC public library last night. We didn't stay up until midnight because that's crazy. At least when you have a one year old. (We'll be buying our books at the grocery store this morning.)

This is Sam and Lily riding in grandma's car on the way to the library.



This is Sam and Mommy coming through the spinny doors.

This is Sam ditching Runes Class in the basement of the library.


We did, however, make it to "Care of Magical Creatures" class, put on by Hogle Zoo. There was a screech owl, a salamander, cockroaches (HUGE ones!), a ferret, and some other animals. That's Hagrid.


We also saw a lot of people in costumes. Including some funny looking puppet people. I don't think they were real. I can't say for sure.


I guess Voldemort wasn't busy anymore after book 7, cause he was totally available to guard the copies from Sam. Who was underwhelmed.

We took the train home. Sam took this picture of me at the station when we were waiting.


Sam thought the whole evening was pretty cool, man.

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow, that sounds amazing!

I'm going to wait till I get back from my trip to read the book. Friends first! Or some other noble crap like that. =P

See you Wednesday night!

Barb said...

He looks so big with his "Johnny hair". How fun! We should have come with you. We read the book up at the cabin- I finished it in a day (it was incredible!!)