Monday, March 23, 2009

Someone tell me

why does a "Christian" novel = "a novel with a chauvinistic, self-righteous protagonist who gets rewarded for such?"

one of my favorite parts is how he's always all worried about, "OMG, what will I do if I have to go to public school where girls dress immodestly?!" um... you'll get over it, honey. turns out that you have agency and you don't have to have sex with someone just because you see their shoulder.

and here is my favorite quote from the book:

"Dad had often whispered subtle warnings about the allure of pretty females who didn't adhere to his family's beliefs, that they would be willing to deceive to get what they wanted [...] [he said] The key is to discern between the truly deceptive girl and one who is simply unaware of the dangers of spinning webs of lies. The former knows full well what she is doing and seeks to fill her treasure chest with whatever jewels you possess, while the latter needs you to give your pearls of wisdom to her freely so that she may learn the surpassing joy of the children of light, those who love and honor the truth."

Fill my treasure chest with your jewels oh wise one! Because I am just so wicked that you must teach me!

ew.





(Oh, and just to prove how wicked I am, I'm going to show you my shoulder. In all its wicked nakedness. Please try not to have sex with me.)

5 comments:

Carina said...

That's just bizarre. Sounds like a full on Eve complex. Eww.

author said...

1. Ew.
2. You're evil. (I still don't understand this. I grew up in Rexburg and wore shorts and tanks constantly. Now I'm in YW and we're in danger of "losing" every girl that "shows her temple." Whaa?)
3. Have you ever seen the movie Saved? Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that's not your back side? :)

SWILUA said...

my back side is MUCH more interesting than that. doctors fly to CONVENTIONS to look at my back side. (for real.) then they freak out. and ask to touch, which just makes all of us uncomfortable. then they start bringing in their friends because they've never seen anything like it in their entire lives.

Swanky Mommy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Enough said.