Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Nice use of leverage; strange celebratory plan

Lily: "Oh. What do I have, Daddy?"

Steve: "That's my wedding ring. How'd you get it?"

Lily: "What is it?"

Steve: "Like, what's it made of? What do you think it's made of?"

Lily: "What is it?"

me: "It's Gold, baby."

Steve: "Now, give it back. It's expensive."

Lily: "Hmm... No, Daddy. I'm going to need monies if you want it."

Steve: "You're *extorting* me?!"

Lily: "I'm going to need monies or no ring."

Steve: "How much is it going to cost me?"

Lily: "One money."

Steve: [fishes out a penny]

Lily: [grins and snatches penny, then shakes her head so that the ring--which she'd put on her head like a crown--falls on the table.]

Steve: "What are you going to do with that money?"

Lily: "I'm going to the DENTIST!"

2 comments:

bff said...

She's going to need to work on her post-monies-acquisition plans.

Lily is awesome.

Catherine said...

Go Lily! I get the feeling that Steve will have to keep more and more monies on hand. At least she's knows Dental work is expensive. :)